CHILD SAFETY SEATS PROGRAM
The Ohio Buckles Buckeyes program is one of the state's most successful child safety seat programs, providing child safety seats to those who cannot afford them.
Ohio Buckles Buckeyes is operated in Marion County through the support of the Marion County DD. The proper use of seat belts and child safety seats goes a long way toward protecting a child in an accident.
Five Points of Safety when traveling with a child:
- Everyone wears seatbelts at all times. Adults wearing seatbelts can set a good example for children that they will someday emulate when they drive.
- Have children ride in the back seat.
- Children younger than 4-years old or less than 40 pounds should always ride in an approved car safety seat that is appropriate for their height and weight.
- Federal law requires booster seats for children ages 4-7, and those under 4-feet-9.
- Secure all items in the vehicle as they become projectiles in a crash.